9-Course Ode To Mexico City Brunch Feast
It's been almost 9 months since our last event at Xixa. So, we figured we were overdue for another event with one of our favorite hosts - Chef Jason Marcus. This time however, Chef Marcus has created a special Mexico City inspired brunch for us. This is an entirely new concept for him, as Xixa doesn't serve brunch typically. But, we have a strong feeling this Eleven Madison Park and Le Bernardin alum will do just fine! For those of you who are unfamiliar with XIxa, pronounced "Shiksa", it's the NY Times Critics' Pick and 2017 Michelin Bib Gourmand selection where Chef Marcus gets to explore his enduring love for Mexico City's culture and cuisine. Btw, he also is the chef/owner of Traif which is located right down the street from Xixa. We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event, and Chef Marcus will be coming out to introduce the dishes and share stories!
The Feast Lineup
All dishes will be served family-style.
Pozole of Pork Belly
with chorizo, braised hominy, and spicy guajiilo chile broth
with morita chile, tomatillo salsa, sunny eggs, and crema
Crunch Corn Cakes
with rhubarb-raspberry marmalade and toasted sesame butter
Corn & Buttermilk Baked Pancake
with meyer lemon butter, guava, and smoked maple syrup
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Tacos
with braised bacon, blue cheese, bearnaise, and arbol chile
Rice Tempura'd Grouper Torta
with spicy salsa macha, chipotle aioli, and brussel slaw
Baked Turkey & Mojo Verde Albondigas
with roasted tomatillo cream
Homemade Goat's Milk Requeson Cheese
with mango, honey, and pistachios
Piloncillo Ice Cream
with crunchy 'honeycomb,' peanuts, and mexican chocolate
241 S 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $50 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.